Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Cinema Paradiso

Noon after noon, he comes to see her. Her haughty talk makes him dream and as she sways his eyes widen. She rarely looks at him but he senses the corners of her eyes.

“I know… I know…,” he tells himself laughing silently.

“Dali would have painted you but I can only write,” he regrets and scribbles secretly in the tiny book he always carries. When the music comes, she sings and dances, and everybody whistles at her.

“Love me, baby”, they all shout and scream from everywhere around him.

The medley puts him off. “I wish I was the only one who could see her,” he curses at the people around him. Whenever she goes away, he starts scribbling hurriedly; and she shows up again.

Even in the evenings he goes to see her, again the same act, music and medley. The only time he misses her is in his sleep. The movie ends but her act, never. For he knows, she’d come tomorrow again.

“I know… I know…,” he tells himself.

No comments: