Wednesday, October 1, 2008

broken

My tooth broke.
It was the apple.
Damn thing cost 25 bucks.
These are expensive times we live in.
Anyways, my tooth broke.
And I can’t tell mother about it.
Five years back she paid 6000 bucks to get it fixed.
She’s always doing things like that.
Sponsoring my repairs.
6000 bucks.
That’s 240 times more than what it took to undo.
I am not going to fix it again.
To hell with expensive repairing.
Till death with broken tooth.
The weekends will be tough, though.
How will I socialize?
Who will I socialize with?
How cool is broken.tooth@gmail.com?
I learnt something last weekend.
Not having your own vehicle hurts.
Especially, when you have to ask for a ride.
And don’t get it.
Everyone else seems so mature.
They advise you grow up.
Responsible, mature, nauseating adults.
Pretentious, revolting lives.
Their monotonous chatter is a burden.
I’d rather get bored alone.
In silence.
But it’s too late to back off.
Too many explanations to give.
Too many questions will be asked.
I will be advised to grow up again.
So, I swallow my nausea.
And socialize.
And drink.
Round after round.
And smoke.
And drown all sensations.
But on Monday morning, I discover again.
Life is in a mess.

No comments: