Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I forgot

I shut my laptop down & had to restart because I needed to leave something here. Something I read today.

I read something that went like; In the sea of bloggers & webcontent, we [specially me] should not write, just for the heck of writing. Don't be spineless & don't talk\write about stuff when you\me, we do not have any authority on the subject. - Its just something I read today & it made sense. But it also said, to write everyday. and so I do what I "think" I do best.

Now, writing all this reminds me of something Arundhati Roy says in her new book, "The shape of the Beast", she says, & I'll suppose that her context is the turmoil we face in several spheres of life, living in India & dealing with the 'idea' of democracy, society, injustice etc etc.

She says, something along these lines, In our Nation's situation & with the complexity of our problems, (of which we all need to be involved, perhaps are already involved - whether we like it or not), it is as politically violent, to do nothing, to say nothing, as much as it is to do something.

3 comments:

david jairaj said...

dude, how do you plan to promote the usage of this blog? some people signed up but nobody seems to be contributing anything except you and i!

if this has to be a dialog between the two of us, why are the others there?

Pradeep Rajendran said...

Um I just haven't yet. I'll get around to inviting more people. Sorry man. keep writing.

david jairaj said...

hey sure man, it's not just about inviting...it's about having a continuous dialogue with other minds here. how, i was asking, would you engage the guys who have already signed up?